Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chicken Kabobs


Sorry for the blurry picture. My flash washes things out and sometimes pics without the flash don't turn out very well. :(

So this is more of a meal idea than an actual recipe. I had some tahini sauce leftover from our lamb meatballs from last night, and I had some bland old chicken breast sitting in the fridge, so I decided to combine them. I cubed up the chicken and tossed it in a plastic bag with whatever Mediterranean-y stuff I found in the kitchen...olive oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin. I didn't measure anything. I bet this would be great with just about anything you put in there. I let the chicken marinate for about 45 minutes and then I broiled it for 15 minutes. It was very good dipped into the leftover tahini sauce. For a side dish I put a zucchini through a spiralizer to make it like noodles and sauteed it in olive oil for about 10 minutes while the chicken was broiling.

4 comments:

Bekki said...

What is a spiralizer and where on earth can I find one? I love zucchini, and would really love to find an easy way to make paleo "pasta."

Binko Barnes said...

I'd also like to know what brand or model of spiralizer you use. The zuchinni looks like it came out really well.

Elizabeth said...

A spiralizer is a nifty gadget that can make those pretty noodle-like cuts out of any firm veggie/fruit you can put through it (zucchinis work great, tomatoes would not work at all). I got my spiralizer as a wedding gift from Target, but I was poking around their website and I can't find it there anymore. Also, my own spiralizer does not have a brand name printed anywhere on it; seems like a bad business practice, eh? I found this one: http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-Tri-Blade-Plastic-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1217943448&sr=8-2 which looks like the one I have, but it's more expensive than I recall it being. Then again, everything is more expensive now than it was in 2006 I guess. ;P

Elizabeth said...

Err, that link did not work. Let me try it again. http://tiny.cc/38Ehs